From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 11:49:55 -0400
J South,

I suggest you do a google search on each of Maggie Walker, Arthur Ashe, and
Doug Wilder. Actually, you can learn about Doug Wilder by watching any
Richmond news station or reading a Richmond newspaper almost any day of the
week. They were very much more than just their race. You can learn a little
more about each at http://www.educationalsynthesis.org/famamer/Fourth.html

And, while we are at it, who would you select for 4th graders to learn about
in Virginia Studies for the period 1900 to 2001. The SOLs you are looking at
were written in 2001, so would not include anyone in the 21st century.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org