From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:05:46 -0500
I am currently a West Virginian, I grew up a Marylander, but many of my
ancestors were Virginians. It saddens me to hear that you would forget that
West Virginia was once Virginia and that Shenandoah was once part of
Virginia. You will claim a Virginian for your own if the person simply lived
in Virginia for a short while an yet you will throw out an entire beautiful
river which is such an important part of your history just because some of
flows in part of another state - your younger sister, West Virginia. Sad,
sad indeed.

See this URL for some interesting geological facts:
http://www.wm.edu/geology/virginia/rivers/potomac-shenandoah.html

Lonny J. Watro
Proud to be a West Virginian
Proud to have some her roots in Virginia
Proud to claim Shenandoah as a West Virginian River if you guy don't want to
claim her anymore <wink>.
BTW, we already have our "Take me home country roads" we'd be happy to take
your "Shenandoah" if you guys don't want it. <grin>