From:
Karen Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:43:44 -0500
The USGS Geographic Names Information System <
http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq> is usually pretty good
for this sort of thing, but I didn't get any hits using several variants of
Runion.  You might try searching "mill" (in Virginia, specifying a county)
to see if any of those fit.  If you DO get a hit, you get precise geographic
coordinates, plus links to maps, etc.  I would advise everyone to try
searching a few family names (as places) to see what turns up--maybe things
named for you!

Karen Stuart