From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:04:50 -0400
Thanks, so much, for the information on the Canal.  I also found an
excellent little booklet published by the Eastern National Park & Monument
Association in 1963 called WATERWAY TO THE WEST.  It covers in 32 pages the
history all the way from George Washington to the rotting hulk of the last
packet boat, which finally returned to dust near Lynchburg.

Randy Cabell