Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:55:46 -0600
Since the article you presented us with postulates that the "ultimate
explanation [of the Enron story]  was "the societal collapse of standards
and morality over the last three decades or so "....I am mystified why it
also includes the erroneous and mis-leading reference  to this collapse as
indicative of Post-Clinton Standards ?

How about Post-Nixon Standards or Post-J. Edgar Hoover Standards ?

Clinton did not commit any high crimes or misdemeanors in office,
regardless of the rabid efforts of his political opponents to tar him with
their own sins. I would remind you the Republicans are the ones with the
appallingly high record of self-serving impeachable offenses, which they
weasled out of  with last minute Presidential pardons.

I feel these home truths should be mentioned in light of the spin associated
with the article you have "gifted" us with.

In Texas, we have a slightly different "take" on the Enron situation. It's
quite evident who the senior management was in bed with politically ...
and it wasn't Clinton.

Since this post will no doubt result in my receiving another Elizabeth
Roderick gag order, I don't expect to be able to engage in further
discussion.

~malinda jones
Proud 2nd cousin 8 times removed of George Washington