From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:22:26 -0800
Link to the Knowledge Point, which currently lists some items re.French Indian War http://www.theknowledgepoint.org/

  Joanne

  Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 07:09:46 -0500
From: Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: French & Indian War
To: [log in to unmask]

Believe it or not, I DO ascribe to that old Mark Twain adage. "It is better
to be quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and confirm it."

I really know very little about the topic, but there is a local group/guy
who is into re-enactiment / living history of that era, and I recall an
encampment on the Clarke-County/Frederick County border a couple of years
ago.

I suggest you get in touch with somebody in Winchester at Washington's HQ.
They should certainly be interested in those times, and may have some
suggestions for you. Also the newly opened MUSEUM OF THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY
in Winc may have somebody knowledgeble. I don't have any addresses, but you
can probably locate them throuogh Google.

If all else fails, get in touch with the History Department at Shenandoah
University, or with THE KNOWLEDGE POINT which in spite of its strange name,
is supposed to be a focal point of (at least Civil War) history in the
valley, and is operated under the auspices of Shenandoah U.

Randy Cabell