Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 09:59:31 -0400
Rather than continuing to be buffeted by fragments of argument thrown at us each morning in dozens of contentious e-mail messages, I would prefer to read the new studies and consider their evidence and arguments in light of the Monticello reports (available on their web site) and Professor Gordon-Reed's.  A few days or weeks ago, when VA-HIST had its first announcement of the new report and/or book I contacted a very good area bookstore and tried to order it/them.  I also checked the recommended website.  The citations thus far shared with the VA-HIST were insufficient to place an order for these works.
  The list has recently been advised that "any serious researcher should get a copy of the large 550 page report (a scholarly report) and also purchase the TJHS book, "The Jefferson-Hemings Myth, An American Tragedy" available soon on line from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc."
  Might someone please do us the courtesy of providing the basic bibliographical information that any serious researcher needs in order to obtain any book from his or her bookseller or library: author, title, publisher.   Thank you.

--
Jon Kukla ....................... Executive Vice-President and CEO
1250 Red Hill Road ........ Patrick Henry Memorial Foundation