From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:14:26 -0500
Do you suppose his name was African? Reading the accounts of runaway
slaves and servants in the colonial Virginia Gazette, I was struck by
the slaves who seemed to have tribal markings, scars on their faces,
front teeth missing [I believe I read that in some tribes that was
also a mark of manhood]. Has anyone ever looked into this, to
identify what tribes or areas in Africa they may have come from?

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone