From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:44:39 GMT
This is an announcement of the release of my book, Pieces of the Quilt: The Mosaic of An African American Family. It is available through Amazon.com. The book is written from a Genealogical and Historical Perspective about my ancestors who had extraordinary achievements. One who is born in Virginia is, Elijah Johnson who was a member of the American Colonization Society. Elijah was one of the architects of Monrovia Liberia, and a close friend to Ashmun Jehudi. He was the father of my direct ancestor, Sarah Johnson-Martin, who was born in Pennsylvania about 1808.  There are also updates of my ancestors, Mary & Patty Bowden, Charles and Ambrose Lewis, and the Pinn lines.

The book contains a chapters DNA and Researching , writing a Family History, as well as a glossary.  I am planning a Presentation at GWBP.

Amazon.com is offering a special for, Pieces of the Quilt, and Notes and Documents of Free Persons of Color.  There is also a Search Inside the Book on the site.

Amazon.com Site.
http://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Quilt-Mosaic-African-American/dp/1439235856/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245451355&sr=8-1

Anita Wills