From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 17:08:26 -0700
David,
I attempted to make that point to the list, and hope it got through. It is
just not about my ancestors, but about all of those who served.  I provided
a copy of the official roster to Colonial Yorktown in 2000, and believed
they would add the names to the database. I also told them where the
original roster is, so that they could check it out.  One of the historians
there told me that none of the names are on the database, and requested
another copy of the roster. There are historians working there who are
supposed to have research and documenting skills. What are they doing for
the pay they receive, if not researching who the soldiers were? Isn't
Colonial Yorktown operated by, The National Park Services, a government
agency?  However, nothing surprises me after seeing how incompetent the (Ex)
Director of FEMA was.

Anita

AMAZON.COM PURCHASE SITE - NOTES AND DOCUMENTS OF FREE PERSONS OF COLOR :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1411603338/qid=1097778584/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8775456-1855815?v=glance&s=books

BOWDENS' OF POPES CREEK WEBSITE:
http://www.orgsites.com/ca/mpbwdnfnd/index.html

"The ruin of a nation begins in the homes of its
people" African Proverb.