From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2008 00:50:52 -0400
Neil,

I posted my reply before your apology came in my mail box. I sent my reply
at 6:33pm, which was not long after I received it.

I am sorry that you disapprove of my "advertising" my own publication on my
educational site, but it is a children's book and is as appropriate there as
the other books listed under Literature in the Language Arts section, some
of which are linked to a buying source for the convenience of my users. I
plan, over time, to include more books under literature and accompany as
many books as possible to a link where the book can be read online, and if
it is not available that way, a link to a purchasing source.

I suspect I must have really struck a nerve with my responses on the
J/SH  -- So, you "get back" by striking up this new argument.

As to the discussion on oral history, that is an issue I've seen mentioned
often on this list, and really do question how accurate history can be if
you do not consider "oral history" as a primary source. It seems to me that
the many authors who have purportedly written on the Native Americans have
been seriously misled by being held only to written sources when the oral
history is turning out to have been more accurate all along, as is being
discovered by archeologists, including Helen Roundtree whose books make the
Jamestown Narratives, a oh, so, wonderful "primary source" into a pack of
lies.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert