From:
David Kiracofe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 10:42:01 -0400
I apologize to the List and to Mr. South for my sharp words in my previous post.

Mr. South's post puts me in mind though that while Gabriel's planned uprising would have resulted in many deaths too, Cho's murderous rampage lacked a cause that was based in reality.  Cho may have imagined, in his mentally-ill state, injustices and abuses, but no one should doubt that rebellious slaves rising up to end slavery were imagining or inventing greivances.  Medical care might have prevented Cho's violence, but the remedy for preventing Gabriel's (intended) violence was in the hands of white Virginians who refused to end the institution of slavery.

David Kiracofe

David Kiracofe
History
Tidewater Community College
Chesapeake Campus
1428 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322
757-822-5136
>>> David Kiracofe <[log in to unmask]> 09/03/07 10:28 AM >>>
That is tasteless and insensitive.

David Kiracofe
History
Tidewater Community College
Chesapeake Campus
1428 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322
757-822-5136
>>> <[log in to unmask]> 09/03/07 10:14 AM >>>
I understand that Gov Kaine is also working on a pardon for Seung Hui Cho
since he was merely a misunderstood college student of minority heritage.

J South