From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:42:56 -0700
One of my ancestors, in Amherst and Old Nelson County, converted to Baptist
in the late 1700's. My ancestor, Rawley Pinn, had been a member of the
Episcopalian Church in Northumberland County (Wicomico Parish).  Rawley Pinn
founded a Baptist Church (Fairmount Baptist), in the late 1700's, which
continues to operate to this day (in Stapleton VA). His church was not
recognized until 1879 (according to the Baptist Historical Society). There
is a book titled Tuckahoes and Cohees which gives some details about the
raids on Baptist meetings, and the persecution they suffered from the
Anglican Church.

Anita