From:
"Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:36:50 -0400

For those not planning to attend the Celebrate Fairfax festival this
Sunday....you might want to visit Gunston Hall (that leaves you Fri.
night and Saturday for Celebrate Fairfax, our 25th anniversary fair)
see:
http://www.celebratefairfax.org/index.asp (there will be historical
exhibits inside and out but that isn't the main focus of the event. I am
told the laser show will be featuring the history of Fairfax as well)

But Back to Gunston Hall:

A musical journey on the road to freedom for African Americans at
Gunston Hall Plantation's Songs of Freedom Sun., June 11, 2006 from 1 -
5 p.m.

3 p.m. Performances of spiritual music by:
Shiloh Baptist Church Choir
Alfred Street Baptist Church Male Choir

2 & 4 p.m. Slavery to Freedom Plantation Tours

every hour & half-hour: tours of the mansion, a workplace for Dick,
James, Nell, Penny, Poll, & others of George Mason's slaves

throughout the afternoon:
African American culinary traditions
children's hands-on bead activity

Regular admission fees:
$8, Adults; $7, Seniors; $4, ages 4 - 6

Gunston Hall, the home and workplace for as many as 100 slaves in the
1700s, is located in Mason Neck, VA on the Potomac River off route 1 &
I-95.

703/550.9220                                           GunstonHall.org