From:
Bill Welsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:50:32 -0500
So Who Was Responsible?  Who Lost America?  The King?  The Prime Minister?  The Generals?

Come and hear Andrew Jackson O’Shaughnessy offer his conclusions, based on his new book The Men Who Lost America: British Leadership, the American Revolution, and the Fate of the Empire, at the next meeting of the American Revolution Round Table of Richmond.  We will gather on Wednesday, November 20, at 5:30 PM for dinner.  The meeting will begin at 6:30 PM in the Heilman Dining Center at the University of Richmond.  Details and directions are on our web site.  Andrew is the Saunders Director at the International Center for Jefferson Studies at Monticello.  If you watched any of the videos in last months ARRT-R news, you know that you’re in for a treat.

Andrew’s book will be available for all those who preordered a copy.  He’ll be glad to inscribe it for you.

Want an alternate scenario?  Try the Autumn 2013 number of Colonial Williamsburg for “If the British Had Won: Alternate Histories of the American Revolution” (pages 38 –44).  Unfortunately, this article doesn’t appear to be available on line.

Our North Carolina friend photographer Bob Yankle has added pictures of the Return to the Hook reenactment that took place on October 19, 2013, at Gloucester, VA.  Apparently, this was one of the largest reenactments ever.  See any familiar faces?

Todd Andrlik’s new Journal of the American Revolution is now available.  It’s worthy of your consideration.

Please join us at the meeting and bring a friend.

Bill Welsch