From:
Basil Forest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:21:23 EST
I just finished reviewing the slave narratives taken from former slaves by
the WPA during the Depression that is available from the National  Archives.  I
was surprised at how many of the former slaves were so  nostalgic for the
days when they were slaves (it seemed to be the clear  majority), and their
comments on how well they were provided for by their  masters.  I was equally
surprised by how few of the former slaves  complained about their treatment by
their masters.

Has anyone compiled data on the positive versus negative comments of  these
2300 former slaves that were part of the WPA project?

I reviewed the entire group of interviews, not just those selected by
ancestry.com for their CD.

http://www.aol.com.