From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:05:11 -0500
In Thomas H. Biggs's GEOGRAPHIC AND CULTURAL NAMES IN VIRGINIA (1974),
56, I find that the name Liberty has also been applied to places in Caroline
County, Halifax County, Highland County, Tazewell County, and even in the
city of Lexington; and that there was a Liberty Fork in Caroline County,
Liberty Furnace in Shenandoah County, Liberty Hall in King William County,
Liberty Hill in Carroll County, and Liberty Hills in Orange County.

The Liberty that became Bedford is the best known.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Visit the Library of Virginia's web site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us