From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:02:44 -0500
This was sent to me by Dr. John Sinks of the DC SAR which might explain some of this. For some reason SAR will accept 1782 and 1783, but DAR only accepts 1783. I have no idea why as I am unaware of any change in the statute regarding the collection of personal property and real estate taxes for those two years, except for the land tax which through 1786 only shows alterations.

https://www.sar.org/Committees/Genealogy/Tax-lists

Craig