From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:34:37 -0500
I agree about the smell of foods. I never once tasted venison,
despite the claims by many of how delicious it is "prepared the right
way" [which suggests there are lots of "wrong ways" to prepare it],
because of that early encounter with the very smelly boiled venison
haunch at the house in Varina. The whole house reeked. No thank you.
Come to think of it, meats in general seem tastier if they are
broiled, grilled, fried, or baked, not boiled. We always grilled hot
dogs, is boiling them a northern thing? Seems to me a boiled hot dog
would be pretty awful; you'd miss the crustiness, the juices. Sort of
the hot dog equivalent of pink, rubbery hams vs Smithfield.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone