From:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:17:52 -0500
Hello to all and especially to Ms./Dr. Wells:  What a comment!  I feel that Ms. Hemmings was familiar enough with Jefferson's children and they were also familiar enough with her to in a lot of ways to accept her as a part of the family.  Do not get me wrong here.  I am not giving the situation at hand an excuse but in a lot of ways it was better that no other lady show up and marry Mr. Jefferson and create unwarranted havoc in the Jefferson household.  Simply put, in my humble opinion the Jefferson girls accepted and perhaps even loved Sally. Jane Steele,MA.