From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 00:24:06 -0400
Lyle,

The Farfarers is two books in one. A fiction story in italics and the
history in standard print. Photos look pretty convincing.

You may enjoy 1491, or you may reject it also.

I'm not convinced that James Brothers has the final word on what is to be
believed and what isn't. As to presentism, it sounds like a nice word to put
down someone who maintains an open mind on issues for which you have decided
you have all of the surefire answers.

I'm sure with your qualifications for proof in history, it is unwise to
believe that the liberty bell was rung on July 4, 1776. After all, there is
not video or audio proof, just the word of those who heard the ringing in
their ears!

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert