Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:45:20 -0400
The fact that there are no primary sources that definitely state that blacks
served as soldiers in the Confederacy makes the claims over the years weak.
Until you can provide primary sources that show black soldiers were enlisted in
the Confederate military as soliders, receiving pay, and a pension, it is not
fact, it is supposition and doesn't stand up to a factual statement, and as a
responsible educator cannot be taught in the classroom as fact.

Karen Needles
Director
Lincolnarchives Digital Project
http://wwwlincolnarchives.us