From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 04:46:34 GMT
I know because in 2000 I assisted in coordinating an event at Colonial Yorktown to commeorate Native & Black Soldiers. The only black re-enactors they had were from the Rhode Island Unit. At that time I sent a supplied a copy of the original Amherst County Militia to one of the Historians, believing that they would add the names to the database. The roster is stored in the papers of Colonial William Cabell at the College of William and Mary's Swem Library. It is one that the DAR accepted as proof of service. Yet, I was told by a historian at Colonial Yorktown that the names have not been included on the database. If their names are not on the database it would be kind of difficult to have re-enactors for them.

Anita
I did not take your post personally, I never do @ these things.   Re-read your post--you do make implications as I mention.  You are fond of making assumptions and then turning them into statements, such as: "If they have re-enactors they will be from the Rhode Island Corp, the same re-enactors they had in 2000."  Really? How do you know?  Might there be black reenactors from other states besides RI? (I'll give it away: yes!!)