From:
Debra Rookard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 22:51:26 -0400
Thanks for posting this Bill. I would really like to become more familiar with the roll
that music played in wartime.

Two wars earlier, my father's ancestor John Justice was immortalized as the Fifer in the
Spirit of 1776 painting. Little brother Simeon was the drummer. Might anyone know the
identity of the flag bearer?

John and Simeon  Justice were in the South Carolina Militia and fought under Francis 'Swamp
Fox' Marion in the battles to run the Brits out of Charleston.Greatgrandsons later enlisted
in the 34th VA.

Music is genetic.Didn't intend to change the subject.

Debra
Grand Daughter of Stonewall Jackson Blackwell