From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:30:12 -0500
 I, Herbert Barger ([log in to unmask]) assisted Dr Foster (now
deceased) with the entire DNA Study and I have many e-mails exchanged
between him and myself.  He failed to give Nature Journal what I had
provided about Thomas Jefferson and his brother, Randolph. To sum up this
whole FALSE belief that it was Thomas Jefferson rather than his brother,
Randolph, (known to the Hemings children as "Uncle   Randolph") fathered
Sally's children we must look at other facts and WHY would Monticello
management not issue a TRUTHFUL finding.

In the early 1990's Monticello was facing a desperate shortage of funding,
lack of painting, window and door repairs, etc. This was reported in the
media. Now enter a solution to this shortage of funds. They decided to
remove (MEMORIAL) from their title and thus not memorialize Mr. Jefferson
but the slaves contributions there. They appointed an African- American to
be chairman of the Monticello DNA Study and 10 members of their project
known as Getting Word (1*0 very well known African-Americans headed by
Julian Bond, Chairman of NAACP). Three prominent Monticello guides resigned
because of the study bias and the determination to find Mr. Jefferson
guilty. Sufficient* to say that Mr. Jefferson was NOT given a fair chance.

Herbert Barger
Assistant to Dr. Eugene Foster