Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:16:23 EDT
Moses,

I like the books by James Alexander Thom.

 "Follow the River"  (a novel about the capture and escape of  Mary Ingles.
A good bit is devoted to the topography of Western  Virginia, following the
New River, eventually back to today's Virginia).

Also by Thom:  "From Sea to Shining Sea," the story of the Clark
Family--George Rogers Clark, the Lewis & Clark Expedition.

His earliest book was "Long Knife,"  about George Rogers Clark.

"Panther in the Sky" - the story of the Shawnee Tecumseh and his  brother.
Set primarily in the Ohio Valley

"Warrior Woman" - the story of Nonhelema, sister to Cornstalk of the  Seneca.
 She was their peace chief but when 3,000 Virginians attacked, she  went into
battle.

In a message dated 4/22/2008 3:38:19 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,