From:
W Cary Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:10:46 -0500
The first voyage of the ship GEORGE in 1617 is fairly well identified as to
time of departure and time of arrival.  I can find that the ship was in
London being prepared to return as a Magazine ship in September 1617.  I
found in John Smith's History for 1617, that the ship George with its
magazine did arrive after a number of months at sea. However, if I could
find the date the ship actually first embarked in the fall of 1617 for
Jamestown, it would help in the study of James Knott who arrived in 1617 on
the George, but no date is given.