From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2020 14:51:14 -0500
Join me and other authors at the Varina Branch of the Henrico County Public
Library, Tuesday, February 4 at 7 pm, for a discussion about the American
Revolution and its legacies:
          *Revisiting the Founding Era*
The HCPL is fusing Black History Month with the Revisiting the Founding Era
project to present events during February that reexamine the early history
of the United States through the experiences of people of color. At this
panel discussion, local historians, authors, and community members will
discuss a few fundamental questions:
What can we learn from the ideas and actions of people from the Founding
Era?
What role did African Americans play in the course of the Revolutionary
War, before, during, and after?
What do the records they left behind tell us and how can the past help us
chart our future?
Audience participation will be invited, and copies of the historical
materials being discussed will be available to attendees. This event is the
first of three programs that are part of Revisiting the Founding Era, a
project to explore our nation's roots through conversations and public
programs in our community supported by the Gilder Lehrman Institute of
American History and the American Library Association.

Varina Area Library
(804) 501-1980