From:
"Johnson, Kirk N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2020 18:26:27 +0000
Hello,

The RELIC Local History & Genealogy department of the Prince William Public Library System is weeding our holdings of US Census microfilm. We will be disposing of this microfilm in the near future, and so right now we'd like to offer other libraries and other research institutions the opportunity to claim any missing reels in your own collections.

I would be happy to give more detailed descriptions of our holdings to anybody potentially interested. The following summarizes what we have-please note that we're keeping selected reels of local or specialized interest as "backups".

  *   We have microfilm for Virginia from 1810 through 1930 (we do have the Virginia Union Veterans reels for 1890); we are keeping the reels covering Prince William County from each census, as well as the census descriptions of geographic subdivisions, industrial & agricultural schedules, mortality, schedules, etc.; and letting the rest go.
  *   We also have the 16mm Soundex Virginia records for 1880, 1900-1930
  *   District of Columbia census for 1800, 1820-1860
  *   West Virginia 1870

Again, I'll be happy to give more detailed information to anybody with an interest. Given that we are currently closed to the public we are able to hold on to the physical microfilm for a few weeks to allow potential recipients to arrange shipping or pickup.

Kirk Johnson
RELIC Supervisor
Bull Run Regional Library
8051 Ashton Ave.