From:
"Terry L. Meyers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 17:02:47 -0500
1) “BLACK REVOLUTIONARY THOUGHT FROM GABRIEL TO BLACK LIVES MATTER”

	The 7th annual Lemon Project Spring Symposium will take place Friday, March 17th and Saturday, March 18th, 2017 at Miller Hall (the Mason School of Business), the College of William & Mary.  We encourage you to register and attend this great opportunity for scholars, non-scholars, community members, teachers, students, and others to share research and discuss ideas.

	Keynote speaker will be Lester Spence, Associate Professor of Political Science and Africana Studies, Johns Hopkins University.

		http://www.lesterspence.com

	Register here:  http://oieahc.wm.edu/conferen…/supported/lemon/registration/ <http://oieahc.wm.edu/conferences/supported/lemon/registration/>.  A free lunch is included.

	Associated with this year’s symposium will be the Visual Art Exhibit “Race and Inequality,” opening on March 17 at the Mason School of Business, and the Lemon Project Open Mic Night, which will be held on the evening of March 18 at Sadler Center Lodge 1.

2)The Williamsburg Historic Records Association

		http://wmpeople.wm.edu/site/page/whra/home

will host Rosemary Ringer speaking on a boom town that housed as many as 15,000 people, Penniman, Virginia, rapidly built up as a DuPont munitions plant in WWI, and then just as rapidly abandoned, with its vestiges now absorbed into Cheatham Annex, near Williamsburg.

	Ms. Ringer has researched the town extensively,

		http://www.searshomes.org/index.php/2012/01/31/virginias-very-own-ghost-town-penniman/

and has a book soon to appear.

	Her talk, free and open to the public, will be at 3 p.m., Sunday, April 30, at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church Hall, 1333 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg.

	I’d be happy to send anyone who wants it the current newsletter of WHRA—described there is a recent acquisition for Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center,  family papers of Levin Winder Lane Sr. (January 6, 1839-April 27, 1933) and Henry Denison Cole (April 1, 1856-Aug. 18, 1936).

Terry L. Meyers, Chancellor Professor of English Emeritus, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg Virginia
 23187

http://wmpeople.wm.edu/site/page/tlmeye/ <http://wmpeople.wm.edu/site/page/tlmeye/>

http://www.ecologyfund.com/ecology/_ecology.html <http://www.ecologyfund.com/ecology/_ecology.html>

      Have we got a college?  Have we got a football team?.... Well, we can't afford both.   Tomorrow we start tearing down the college.
             --Groucho Marx, in "Horse Feathers."