From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2016 09:35:27 -0400
The essential source for the Virginia Company of London is

Susan Myra Kingsbury, ed.
The records of the Virginia Company of London
Washington : Govt. Print. Off., 1906-1935.  4 v., 14 leaves of plates :
ill. ; 30 cm.
Contents :  v. 1-2. The Court book [from April 28, 1619, to June 7, 1624]
from the manuscript in the Library of Congress.
                 v. 3-4. Documents.

Virginia Company Investors are among those discussed (and listed) in the
huge appendix to
Theodore K. Rabb, Enterprise & empire; merchant and gentry investment in
the expansion of England, 1575-1630 (Cambridge, Mass., Harvard University
Press, 1967) --
"The list of names [of investors in colonial companies]": p. 224-410.

In addition, the Library of Virginia catalog also shows this resource
(which I have not had occasion to consult):

Call Number F229 .S52 2007
Title Shareholders in the London Company, 1615-1623.
Publication Signal Mountain, Tenn. : Mountain Press, 2007.
Material 18 p. ; 22 cm.     Includes index.

And for what its worth I've commented on the historiographical implications
of the Purse-and-Person criteria  in

"Perry on the Eastern Shore," a review essay of James Russell Perry, *The
Formation of a Society on Virginia's Eastern Shore, 1615-1655* (Chapel
Hill: UNC Press, 1990) in *Reviews in American History*, Vol. 20, No. 3
(Sep., 1992), pp. 297-302 - specifically at page 300.

Jon Kukla

Jon Kukla
www.JonKukla.com <http://www.jonkukla.com/>