From:
Susan Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2021 08:25:24 -0400
Some tidbits re Mr. Nicol:   The Southern Planter (vol. 14, 1854), p. 29,
reported that they had received " 'the Southern Farmer, a weekly journal
devoted to agriculture and kindred subjects, edited by Thomas S. Pleasants
and Andrew Nicol...."   The July 1855 issue (Vol XI) of The American Farmer
(p22) [Google Books] reported, under "Model and Experimental Farm," that
Mr. Bruce, "President of the N. Carolina and Va. Union Society, at
Petersburg, Va." reported that $18,355 had been "subscribed for the
purchase of the farm of this society, and a farm of 102 acres has been
purchased near Petersburg...and is now in successful operation, under the
charge of Mr. Andrew Nicol.... Tasty and appropriate buildings are being
erected...."