From:
John RAGOSTA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:14:38 -0400
Never heard even as a whisper (and it would almost certainly be floating around Monticello if likely). One doesn't want to say there will never be such a claim. New Madison claim, e.g., is interesting; I have not read the book, but I have heard that some of the evidence is pretty thin. Might it be true? Certainly worth looking at.

Historian, Robert H. Smith International Center for Jefferson Studies at Monticello
Fellow, Virginia Humanities