From:
James Hershman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:29:42 -0500
On 19 January 1959, Lee-Jackson Day, the Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
and a three-judge federal court in Norfolk each issued rulings striking
down Virginia's Massive Resistance to school desegregation. King was very
much still alive and I would speculate no doubt found the ruling an
appropriate way to mark the day.

Jim Hershman