From:
James McCall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:17:50 -0700
The tail of slavery is most evident in the past fifty years of the civil rights movement and MLK - it's even more in our faces in what's happened in past few days in FL with the death of Trayvon Martin.  This is hardly any kind of "historian psychosis'" whatever that may mean.

My American roots come from my ancestral family's arrival about 400 years ago and this is very much in my heritage, as well as being a major part of many American history "topics." I am concerned that many Americans, like Mr. Southmayd, are not learning from our history and, obviously, don't understand it. They would doom us to repeating it.

James H. McCall
http://www.jimsonharvest.com