From:
Eve Gregory for Surry History <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:08:38 -0400
This reminds me of the proposition that a gentleman wishes never to insult
anyone by accident.

Did these men have an etiquette book of some sort?

Eve S. Gregory, Web Master
Surry County, Virginia, Historical Society and Museums, Inc.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vaschsm/
Surry County VaGenWeb
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vasurry/
Sussex County VaGenWeb