From:
"Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:12:25 +0000
Susan Hellman of the National Trust Staff has asked me to share this.

Subject: Potential Widening of Route 1 Threatens Woodlawn National Historic Landmark

Hi Suzanne,

The link to the Trust's official position is below if you'd like to forward it to your history folks. In all this horse hysteria, everyone is forgetting about the damage to Woodlawn itself, Grand View, and the Woodlawn Baptist cemetery. And of course we also have the Mulligan Road widening to contend with, which is also taking some of our land and our current entrance.

http://www.preservationnation.org/about-us/press-center/press-releases/2012/route-1-woodlawn-statement.html

Susan