From:
"Meyers, Terry L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2023 14:39:49 +0000
Many thanks for the guidance and information on this query.   As always, I’m impressed by the depth of knowledge and the generosity of the members of the List.   I have much now to read and contemplate.

I think what Munford was describing was closely connected to Hoodoo, which is an aspect of the religious landscape where the Bray School was sited that I was wholly ignorant of.

(The Wikipedia article on Hoodoo, btw, is interminable, almost unreadable, but …..  412 citations!).

Terry L. Meyers, Chancellor Professor of English, Emeritus, The College of William and Mary, in Virginia, Williamsburg  23187

Offset Your Carbon Footprint? Choose at https://tinyurl.com/5546274z

Control Methane?  https://earthworks.org<https://earthworks.org/>

Have we got a college?  Have we got a football team?....Well, we can't afford both.   Tomorrow we start tearing down the college.                 --Groucho Marx, in "Horse Feathers."