From:
John RAGOSTA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 11:48:25 -0500
Vincent: Fascinating story (although I just had time to skim this morning). These records undoubtedly hold a lot of information relating to the actual application of the requirement that free blacks leave the state w/in a year of manumission after 1806. I'll look forward to more work in the area. Thanks for The UncommonWealth. John

John A. Ragosta, PhD/JD
johnaragosta.com @johnragosta
Historian, Robert H. Smith International Center for Jefferson Studies at Monticello
Fellow, Virginia Humanities