From:
"Lois M. Leveen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2023 13:34:53 -0800
Troy and all,
This is a great piece for a local station to have produced and broadcast.  Not only does it deliver good history, it shows the public how we slowly piece together evidence from different sources to “do history" — and how secondary and postsecondary students can engage directly in the work of “doing history.”  Kudos to all involved in the project and in sharing what’s happening.  With the teaching of accurate US history now under attack by politicians, it’s incumbent upon all of us to think about how to show the public what history really is.

Totally worth the 3 minutes it takes to watch the video!

-Lois
Lois Leveen, PhD
Portland OR 97214
she/her/hers

Latest article:  Imperfect Justice in the Imperfect Archive: Uncovering Extrajudicial Black Resistance in Richmond’s Civil War Court Records <https://www.journalofthecivilwarera.org/2023/02/imperfect-justice-in-the-imperfect-archive-uncovering-extrajudicial-black-resistance-in-richmonds-civil-war-court-records/>