From:
Wes Pippenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wes Pippenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:31:05 -0400
The Virginia Genealogical Society is pleased to announce that this landmark
series, compiled by Wesley E. Pippenger, of Tappahannock, Virginia, is now
complete with the release of Volume 10.  The last volume covers the counties
of Caroline, Essex, Gloucester, Hanover, King and Queen, King William,
Lancaster, Louisa, Mathews, Middlesex, New Kent, Northumberland, Richmond,
and Westmoreland.  Also included is an addendum for references to chancery
suits found in chancery causes and a few additions and corrections.

Volume 10 contains 45,672 entries.  Of these, 12,384 for wills; 6,690 for
appraisals or inventories; 4,305 for sales; 9,761 for accounts or
settlements; 2,258 for bonds; 10 for bills of sale or deeds; 5,632 for
guardianship records; 417 for surveys sor plats; 1,418 for divisions; 419
for dower or allotments; and 2,795 for other records.

When combining all 10 volumes of the series, we now have the following:
402,522 total entries; 52,281 wills; 75,086 appraisals; 38,978 sales; 91,564
accouunts; 36,173 bonds; 10,308 bills of sale or deeds; 61,807 guardianship
records; 2,077 surveys or plats; 4,833 divisions; 2,088 dower or allotments;
and 29,404 other records.

The total pages reviewed on microfilm are 645,960, amongst 819 reels,
creating the 402,522 total entries.  Many other records were consulted that
are not on microfilm and have not been tabulated individually.  The total
printed pages for the series is 7,081.

We extend our warmest appreciation to the staff at the Library of Virginia,
especially Ted Polk of Interlibrary Loan, for making microfilm of estate
records available for this compilation.

Ordering information about the publication series may be found on the
Virginia Genealogical Society's website, at
http://www.vgs.org/publications.htm