From:
Jurretta Heckscher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:21:49 -0400
Piggybacking on Brent's message:  don't forget that you can also
subscribe to the Announcements list for the Virginia Forum at http://box439.bluehost.com/mailman/listinfo/announcements_virginiaforum.org

The Announcements list is a very low-traffic list that will keep you
informed about upcoming Virginia Forums.

--Jurretta Heckscher

On Apr 19, 2010, at 11:26 AM, Tarter, Brent (LVA) wrote:

> Nearly 200 people attended the fifth annual Virginia Forum at
> Christopher Newport University this past weekend and enjoyed and
> learned
> from a fine and widely varying collection of presentations. The
> forum's
> co-host, the Mariner's Museum, added significantly to the value of the
> conference and allowed those of us who attended to view the
> collections
> and some of the museum's remarkable collection of maps and charts.
>
> Thanks very much to everbody who helped make the conference a success.
>
> The 2011 Virginia Forum will be held in Lexington on Friday and
> Saturday, 25 and 26 March. Virginia Military Institute and Washington
> and Lee University will be co-hosts. Watch this space for the call for
> papers and more details. Also, don't neglect the Virginia Forum's Web
> site, http://www.virginiaforum.org

"I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter."