From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:33:26 -0400
I’m curious about the American travel experience of Virginia’s delegates to
the First Continental Congress. Here’s what I _think_ I know at present:

*Peyton Randolph was educated in England and traveled again to London about
1754 and ca 1760. Did he ever visit Philly, NYC, Boston, etc.?

*Richard Henry Lee was educated in England and visited Paris. Did he ever
visit Philly, NYC, Boston, etc.?

>George Washington traveled to Philadelphia, New York, Boston as early as
1756.

>Patrick Henry’s 1774 stint in Congress was his first visit to Philadelphia.

*Richard Bland may have visited Edinburgh. Did he ever visit Philly, NYC,
Boston, etc.?

*Benjamin Harrison traveled to Annapolis and New York City in 1775 and 1776
– but had he ever visited Philly, NYC, Boston, etc. prior to the Congress in
1774?

>Edmund Pendleton’s 1774 stint in Congress was his first visit to
Philadelphia.

--
Jon Kukla
www.JonKukla.com