From:
Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2021 15:35:54 -0400
My thanks to those who sent suggestions. I should have been more specific.
A graduate student is writing his thesis on George Washington's
emancipation, focusing on the relevant language in GW's will. He's
wondering how GW's stipulations for educating and training freed people
comported with contemporary Virginia law. He's in the early stages of
research and contacted me for suggestions but will be doing his own deep
dive into the archives. If anyone knows of journal articles or
dissertations on VA laws of the 1790s I would be grateful to hear it.
HW