From:
Joan Horsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:54:45 -0700
My NC county library does not subscribe to JSTOR, more's the pity. However, I learned several years ago that access to some of the JSTOR journals was available by individual subscription, including The William and Mary Quarterly. It may be that individual subscriptions to VMHB will be available as well.

If I remember correctly, my WMQ subscription has been about $35/yr, and well worth every penny. HOWEVER, this past spring they got a new server (with same nightmares as LVA has had), and as it currently stands WMQ is not searchable within articles and there's no copy/paste function, both of which had worked just fine prior to the server change (go figure...). They assure me they are "working on the problem" but now months down the road and it's still snafu. So I'd not waste the money until that's fixed.

This is the current list of JSTOR publications available for "Individual Participation". (VMHB is not listed, but perhaps the website has not been updated.)

http://www.jstor.org/page/info/about/indivAccess.jsp

JSTOR support e-mail is: [log in to unmask]

--Joan