From:
John Philip Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 14:36:04 -0500
Why not do a DNA test consisting of at least 39 markers. It cost about $200
to $400 per test. Get a male Hemings descendant and get someone who is a
relative of Thomas Jefferson's bothers. Thomas had 2 brothers Peter and
Randolph who had children. Maternal DNA is not an accurate marker,
supposedly.
With the accuracy of the DNA test today, we should be in the high 95% plus
area to determine TJ's Paternity. There may subtle variances that can be
determined now by the test. AT LEAST, we will have proof or not that the
Hemings come from this subset of Jefferson's of Virginia.
Talking about how someone was in the shed at night and all we could see was
a shapeless form, without any identity being given isn't going to solve this
'mystery'.

John Philip Adams
Texas