From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:38:47 -0700
I was surprised when I found out that there my ancestors in Virginia were so
diverse. My mother shared information about our Pennsylvania mixtures
(white/Native/African), but she was not aware of our Virginia history. When
I started digging in Virginia, the family was surprised that our lines were
so long, and so diverse.  My ancestor, who fled Virginia in 1853 had half
siblings who were prominent whites, and I believe there was a lot of fear
for those who were left in Virginia.

Anita