"W. Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:36:30 -0400

> "Supposedly the
> descendants of John Rolfe are the only people descended from any of
> those who were at the first general assembly at Jamestown in 1619.
> All the other lines died out."

I'm not positive that this statement is true. My family claims to descend
from Samuel Jordan as well as Thomas/John Rolfe...according to the
information below from the National Park Service, "Samual Jordan" was one of
two representatives from Charles City County. Jordan did not, I think, bear
children in Virginia...he had several sons from a previous marriage who
ended up coming to Virginia...so maybe the above statement is based on a
technicality of birthplace.

W. Scott Breckinridge Smith
Lynchburg, Virga.