From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 16:14:08 -0500
I have never heard that she did- she was Christianized and baptized,
she had "gone native" with the English- was there a reason she would
have? If the Powhatans had any lore of her having a native ceremony,
I see no reason why they wouldn't have told someone, somewhere along
the way. Many have gathered stories of the Native side of the
Jamestown settlement, the struggles with the English. They don't seem
reticent about telling these things, aside from a few secrets they
don't seem to want to share [the reason for the timing of the 2
massacres, for example]. I've never heard of any mention of her
having a native wedding ceremony. You can't make everything out to
have some dark underbelly [the white man's version of the story].
Sometimes things are as they are.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone