From:
John Kneebone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:28:29 -0400
You are invited to a free, public lecture on Thursday, October 12, 2006,
at 6:00 p.m. by Dr. James W. Loewen, author of Lies My Teacher Told Me:
Everything Your High School History Textbook Got Wrong and Lies Across
America: What Our Historic Sites Get Wrong.

Dr. Loewen’s most recent book is Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of
American Racism, and he will speak on “Lies My Teacher Told Me About Race
Relations and Why They Matter.”

The lecture will take place at the Grace Street Theater, 934 W. Grace
Street. Off-street parking is available at the Broad Street Parking Deck
($5). For information, please call (804) 828-1635.

Jim Loewen is a dynamic and humorous speaker. For more information about
him, see his website at http://www.uvm.edu/~jloewen/.

The lecture is sponsored by the Public History program of the Department
of History, Virginia Commonwealth University.

John

John Kneebone
Department of History
Virginia Commonwealth University